Friday, July 7, 2017

Football: Here’s How Arsenal Will Win the League

Arsenal fans want a Premier League title with a team full of bottle-jobs. I’m going to be taking over the club that’s needed new leadership for more than five years and I’ll try to make them title challengers by the end of the next 557 words.

Where Do I Start

Paying a club record fee of £52m to sign striker Alex Lacazette from Lyon is an encouraging sign of intent but if I could, I would pretty much sell 90% of the squad and build right from the start but football isn’t that easy and neither is signing the exact type of player you need in the current transfer market.

Out: Alexis Sanchez, Olivier Giroud, Theo Walcott, Jack Wilshere, Kieran Gibbs and Calum Chambers.

As I said, it is hard to revamp the whole squad but all of the above players have one  thing in common; they’re all overrated. Let’s start with the obvious departures in Gibbs and Chambers. They have both been out of favour even under Arsene Wenger, which should highlight the extent of their problems.

Then there’s Arsenal’s biggest flop of the past decade in Walcott, the man has been delivering the same ordinary performances year after year but has somehow managed to keep his career with the Gunners ticking along. If I were a full-back I’d look forward to playing against him because he has nothing to offer apart from his speed.

One of the many big problems with Arsenal fans is their constant deluded support of Wilshere, a man who has struggled to get a game for Bournemouth. A lot of Gooners still want him back, but it’s a no from me. No overhyped individuals or poor personalities are allowed at my Arsenal. While you may be throwing a tantrum at hearing Sanchez’s name in my departure list I have just one answer – no player is bigger than the club.

With all the money that Arsenal has in the bank but such a limited number of top players to target, I would need to spend big on a couple of signings beyond Lacazette and Wenger’s first signing of the summer, Schalke left-back Sead Kolasinac.

Manchester United target James Rodriguez would be at the top of my list as he’s good enough to emulate Sanchez but also able to win games without constantly needing to throw tantrums or blame other players for the team’s woes. For a long time, Wenger has used midfielders who get the job done but if you want to compete for trophies you need a world-class central midfielder so I would go all out to sign Naby Keita.

The mini-Kante could be the next Patrick Vieira character, a type of player who Arsenal has been crying out for since the day he left. Cover in defense in the shape of Simon Kjaer and a deadly winger in Thomas Lamar would wrap up my signings with a net spend of about £200m. That might upset the board but I’m here to win trophies and that sort of money needs to be spent.

What would the starting XI look like?

I would look to play a 3-4-3 featuring new signings Lamar at left wing, Keita protecting the back three and Rodriguez in the free role. Lacazette would be upfront and when he is not available I would swing in Danny Welbeck as his pace could provide the openings for our new and improved midfield. This now looks like a team that could win a title, with flair in the attacking third, plenty of cover in defensive areas and a midfield that pulls it all together.

Where would we finish?

First.

by Nubaid Haroon

YouTube: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCtMg-fWm7awR41vM1GhVOkA  Twitter: twitter.com/rambofyi

The post Football: Here’s How Arsenal Will Win the League appeared first on Felix Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment