Monday, January 9, 2017

Shopping London’s January Sales

New year, better dressed you. January sales are the perfect time to do the shopping you’ve been dying to do for the last 2 months. The main problem with sales is that you end up spending more money on clothes you don’t need instead of saving on clothes that you did need before the sales started. Don’t be that person again. We’ve all been there and regretted it at the end of the month trying to resell all the things we never used on eBay.

january salesAfter years of shopping mistakes I have finally learned how to crush a bargain sale – especially the January sales. We live in London so let’s be honest, realistically we still have another 3 months left of winter so this is not the time to be buying summer clothes yet. Now is also not the time to be buying those trend items that are now on sale because the trend is fizzling out but you’re just catching on. The way to dominate a sale is plan well and only buy necessities.

Everyone’s looking for a bargain so the streets are heaving – meaning you want to get in the shops and out as fast as possible with exactly what you need. With the power of the internet we can easily know what clothes are on sale and for how much and this is the best way to plan. I like to make a budget for myself so I can know how much I want to spend and on what I need so I don’t go overboard.

From there I look online at my favourite shops to see what items are on sale and then work out the pricing. I find that sales are the best time to buy the basics that you need every year and it won’t go out of style. For me, January sales are a great time to replace jumpers with holes in them and to buy new trousers and underwear.

M&S is the best place to buy bras and underwear right now as most things are half price, and as a lady buying bras is incredibly expensive but something we need daily. Zara and Topshop have the best sales for warm timeless jumpers at affordable prices (for £15 we can splash and buy two jumpers) and at a quality that I have found will last a couple of years.

Once you know what you need and have found them online, you know exactly what shops you need to go to and how much you’ll end up spending so there won’t be any surprises. Don’t be tempted by impulse buys – that’s how you lose money at sales rather than being smart and coming out on top.

Image result for image january salesThis is also a great time to buy toiletries. I know this isn’t always the most fun thing to shop for, but year-round we all need new lotions, shampoo and body wash, makeup etc. and these every day necessities add up and don’t expire easily. Maximise this time and stock up on your beauty essentials – you’ll thank yourself in a few months time when you still have plenty of supplies and still have money in your account.

Boots has a lot of half price items and The Body Shop has huge sale right now to get those delicious and animal-cruelty free products for a fraction of the normal price. My absolute favourite is Holland and Barrett where I get all my healthy goods to detox from the Christmas period and Buy One Get One for a Penny means my body will love me for months to come!

The post Shopping London’s January Sales appeared first on Felix Magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment